Geschnetzeltes is a meat cut into small thin slices. It is usually out of beef meat, pork meat or the mixture of the two. In our end, we usually have Pork Geschnetzeltes. This recipe also differs in how they are marinated or prepared. The one we had is with curry sauce. We added mashed potatoe with it. It is also best combined with fresh green salad.
Here are the ingredients and procedure on how to prepare a delicious Curry Sauce Geschnetzeltes.
500g Pork Geschnetzeltes (Pork lean meat cut into thin slices)
1 tbsp. Butter
2 pcs. Onion cut into cubes
2 tbsp. Flour
2 tbsp. Tomato paste
2 tbsp. Curry powder
500 ml hot chicken broth (chicken broth cubes melted in hot water)
150g Crème fraîche
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Put the pan in low heat and then add the butter.
2. Fry the Geschnetzeltes. Add onions, and sauté it.
3. Put pepper and salt to taste.
4. Add flour, curry, tomato paste and sauté briefly.
5. Pour in the chicken broth and simmer for 10 mins.
6. Add the Crème fraîche and yogurt. Then simmer for another minute.
7. Best serve with mashed potato and green salad.